Image Source: Viamichelin
Port basic or overview
Ijmuiden is a major seaport located at the entrance to the North Sea Canal (Nordzee Kanaal), approximately 30 kilometers (18 miles) west of Amsterdam. IJMUIDEN is a major port.
- Port code: NLIJM
- Port size: Sea Lock IJmuiden is 500 meters long, 70 meters wide and 18 meters deep.
- Port addresses: IJMUIDEN is located at UK Coast & Atlantic, North Sea in Netherlands at coordinates N 52° 27′
- 41.10″ – E 004° 35′ 01.74″
- Main cargo/vessel type: Regular vessel types calling at IJMUIDEN include sailing vessels (38%), pleasure craft
- (24%), oil/chemical tankers (8%), general cargo (6%), and bulk carriers (3%).
- TEUs: 5000 TEU
It is well-known for its fresh and deep-frozen fish storage and transhipment, offshore activities, ferry and cruise shipping, and offshore asset assembly and construction. Since 2006, the Port of IJmuiden has provided services to the offshore wind industry. Its extensive track record in providing infrastructure for offshore wind farm installation and maintenance includes OWEZ, Amalia, and Luchterduinen. Find out more interesting facts about this port.
Ports in Netherlands
If you need to deliver goods to other cities in the Netherlands, you may opt for other strategic ports of Netherlands.
Ship From or to Ijmuiden Port
Contacting a freight forwarding firm is the best way to get valuable shipping deals. ZGGShip is a leading China-based freight forwarder that can work with the well-renowned shipping companies in the list above. Find More info about shipping from China to Netherlands here.